With the blessing of His Eminence KYRILL Archbishop of San Francisco and Western America, all are welcome to join members of the Western American Diocese for the traditional pilgrimage to Fort Ross on Memorial Day, May 29th, 2023.
The Holy Trinity/Saint Nicholas Chapel at Fort Ross is the first Russian Orthodox Church in the contiguous United States. Fort Ross is holy land – where two saints have labored: St Innocent of Alaska/Moscow and the Holy Martyr Peter the Aleut. Two other saints, St Tikhon and St John of Shanghai, have prayed here and sanctified the lands, the chapel, and the cemetery.
After the liturgy a procession to the cemetery with a "Litya for the Departed."
Everyone is invited to Lady of Kazan Church in Guerneville for lunch. $20.00/person, children ages 12 and under $5.00
Schedule of the Day
- 9:30 Divine Liturgy, His Grace Theodosy Bishop of Seattle presiding
- 11:00 Procession to the cemetery and Litya for the Departed.
- 12:00 Depart Fort Ross to Lady of Kazan Church for lunch.
Fort Ross State Historic Park
19005 Coast Hwy 1, Jenner, CA
Kazan Icon of the Mother of God Church
17370 Neeley Road
Guerneville, CA 95446
- Please pay the parking fee at the entrance station (carpooling is encouraged)
- Park in the upper parking lot only (please do not park in front of the fort compound or near the fort)
- For limited mobility and/or elderly or to drop off gear please drive to the fort and unload and then park in the upper parking lot.
- Flush toilets are located in the fort compound.
- Please remember to keep this holy land clean, and follow all park rules.